The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (“Nebraska” or “the university”) in the USA is inviting applications from up to 5,000 African students to apply for CASNR Undergraduate Scholarship Program (CUSP) to study in the USA.
Applicants will be considered based on a combination of meeting Nebraska undergraduate admission requirements, academic performance, a commitment to the goals of the scholarship program as well as a qualitative in-country interview conducted by members of CASNR and the university’s Office of Admissions.
- Will be in the amount of $3,500 per academic year (spring and fall terms)
- Must be used towards tuition and fees
- Cannot be used towards service, programs, and individual course fees
- Are competitive and will be based on the grade point average
- Will be effective the fall term and for no more than 6 semesters, provided students maintain the minimum eligibility requirement
- Cannot be used when students are charged E-rate or in-state tuition rates.
- Have no cash value
- Be current CASNR international students who have been enrolled for at least one full semester but no more than two semesters at CASNR
- Have a minimum CASNR grade point average of 3.0
- Be in lawful F1 or J1 status
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate student
- 10 merit scholarships will be offered yearly
- Scholarships will only be offered starting in the fall semester. No initial awards will be offered for the spring term.
- Awardees will be notified of selection by May 31st
- Scholarships will not cover program, service and course fees; health insurance, housing, meal plans, etc
You can apply through the application form available on their website
Applications Deadline: Applications close May 20