Australia is a fascinating country that blends numerous study opportunities provided by some of the best universities worldwide along with amazing attractions and leisure options. If you’re thinking of studying abroad in Australia, you’re probably wondering what you need for your student visa so here’s a guide on how Gambians can apply for an Australian Study Visa.
International students who have been accepted to study in an approved course are required to hold a Student Visa such as the Australian Study Visa for Gambians. The Australian education system offers a wide range of highly regarded and internationally recognized courses across all levels of education from primary to tertiary, English language and non-award courses.
Types of Visa
- For a study degree that lasts longer than six months, you will have to apply for the student visa (subclass 500).
- In case you’re just considering a short course, such as an English language programme that lasts less than six months, apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) and visitor visa.
To be eligible to apply for an Australian Student Visa such as the Australian Study Visa for Gambians,
- Applicants are required to be enrolled in a registered program.
- They should have adequate English language ability.
- Possess financial means to support themselves.
- They should also have overseas student health insurance coverage for the duration of their stay in Australia.
- Australian visa authorities recommend students start their application process as soon as possible so they have sufficient time to prepare all documents in advance to their scheduled trip.
- You’ll have to pay an additional fee for your medical exam, in case you will be required to take one.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of sufficient funds: 1,800 AUD/month+ tuition costs.
- They need to register for a medical exam before applying for a visa.
- They also have to apply for the study visa using the online platform.
- After applying, depending on the situation, applicants may be asked to attend an interview or provide more information.
- The visa can be processed between 21 and 37 calendar days but the estimated average time of visa processing is 28 days.
- Your student visa will last for your entire study duration plus 2 or 3 months.
Applicants under the age of 18 must also demonstrate that they have parental permission to study in Australia and suitable arrangements for their accommodation, support and general welfare
Book a consultation with one of the migration agents to explore your visa options. During the consultation, we’ll be able to provide personalized advice based on your unique circumstances
The application fee for an Australian study visa AU$575.00.
An Australian Student Visa is a temporary visa valid for the duration of the proposed course of study. Successful applicants who meet the minimum age for employment (which differs in each State and Territory) may also be permitted to work in Australia.