The Khalifa University of Science and Technology is inviting applications for its Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (GRTA) scholarships in the United Arab Emirates for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (GRTA) scholarships to support qualified international students enrolled in graduate programs. They offer their graduate students comprehensive scholarships that cover all necessary educational expenses and may also offer recipients the potential to earn an attractive monthly stipend.
The scholarship provides generous remuneration and benefits that include:
- Full coverage of tuition fees.
- Medical insurance coverage for students under the Khalifa University visa.
- Support to attend international research conferences.
- The indicative monthly stipend for GRTA Scholarship is as follows (subject to change):
- During MSc: AED 8,000
- During PhD: AED 10,000
- International Students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants with a lower CGPA score (minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent) may be considered for conditional admission to a Master’s program in special circumstances.
- If conditional admission is granted, the student must achieve a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the first nine credits of taught courses.
- In addition, each academic program has specific conditions that must be satisfied for the student to remain in the program.
- If the student fails to satisfy the conditions, then his/her registration will be terminated.
- Applicants with a recognized Bachelor degree and iBT TOEFL score of 79 or equivalent, or an overall academic IELTS score of 6.0, or an EmSAT English score of 1400 may be considered for conditional admission to a Master’s program in special circumstances.
- If conditional admission is granted, the student must achieve a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 91 or equivalent, or an overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 by the end of their first semester of registration.
- Applications for Khalifa University of Science and Technology graduate programs are accepted online, via the University’s Graduate Admission Portal.
- The required documents must be scanned and uploaded to the online application in the specified format (i.e. max 4MB PDF for documents, max. 2MB JPEG for photograph). Hard copies submitted in person or by post, or soft copies sent by email, will not be accepted.
- Each applicant must provide the contact e-mail address of at least two referees, who will be invited to complete an online reference form once the completed application has been submitted.
Applications Deadline: April 30, 2019.