The Arizona State University Innovation Fellowship at ASU is designed to engage early- and mid-career policy-makers, analysts, researchers, communicators, writers, designers and leaders in big ideas and real program building processes that can transform higher education institutions.
At UI, they believe the most exciting ideas are generated through collaboration, and that true innovation is best sharpened against the creativity of others. This is why their office is comprised of an interdisciplinary group of academics, professionals and students. Fellows play an important role in infusing new ideas, new talent and new passions into their office culture that enhance their ability to be more creative and better respond to the needs of our university.
Over 13 months, fellows develop a diverse project portfolio, collaborative philosophy and comprehensive skill set essential to building and communicating programs linked to institutional and societal change.
- The fellowship is a full-time position (40+ hours per week) with a competitive salary of $55,000-$70,000.
- Additional university benefits include health insurance, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays and reduced tuition.
Applications for the University Innovation Fellowship are invited from those who:
- Have completed any graduate program within the last 5 years or will be graduating Spring 2019
- Are authorized to work in the United States (Applicants must be either a citizen of the United States or be able to maintain work authorization throughout the fellowship. Arizona State University does not offer visa sponsorship to candidates for the fellowship program.)
- Are able to commit for the entire duration of the program from July 15, 2019 – August 7, 2020
Successful candidates will exhibit the following qualities:
• Ability to connect people, groups, and organizations
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivation, teamwork-orientation and entrepreneurial spirit
• Creative problem-solving skills, learning agility, and ability to adapt to change
• Experience in making adjustments to project strategy and implementation
• Capacity to perform in a high-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Superior academic achievement
- 1st Step: Create a single Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) document that includes the following components in this order:
- Cover letter that addresses your interest in the fellowship, your interest in Arizona State
University and/or your interest in helping to build ASU as an innovative institution. Cover letter should also highlight examples of how you exhibit the qualities listed in the “Eligibility and Qualifications” section.
- Resume, including employment listed in month/year format (e.g. August 2005-July 2008), job title, job duties/accomplishments and name of employing organization for each position. Education should include the month and year each academic degree was received. If the degree has not yet been earned, list the anticipated graduation date. Resume should also include a reference to your superior academic achievement.
- Contact information for three professional references, including name, mailing address, phone number and email address for each.
- Response to the following prompt: “In 300 words or less, describe the most innovative university process, practice or initiative that you have encountered.”
- Writing sample demonstrating your skill in writing, critical thinking, analysis and synthesis of ideas/information.
- 2nd Step: Complete the required Fellowship in University Innovation form. This form is required to complete your Fellowship application. This form will be emailed to you after you complete Step 1.
Applications Deadline: March 1, 2019