The Government of Romania through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is inviting Foreign citizens for its Scholarship program for the 2019/2020 academic session.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers 85 scholarships for undergraduates and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education (hereafter, MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education Scientific Research has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
The scholarship consists of;
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing.
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1stcycle),
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship is not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
- Application files must be submitted through diplomatic missions.
- Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will NOT be taken into consideration.
- The registration period begins on December 14, 2018.
- The candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrolment calendar.
- The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission.
Applications Deadline: March 15, 2019.