Scholarship for foreign degree-seeking students is to help recruit outstanding students from overseas and to support foreign degree-seeking students studying at the University. Foreign degree-seeking students are those recruited based on National Chung Hsing University Foreign Students Admissions Regulations.
The National Chung Hsing University (NCHU) in Taiwan is offering various scholarships to International Students in the 2019/20 academic year.
The funding of the scholarship for foreign degree-seeking students is from the Top University Project and other funding from the Ministry of Education or donations for the University. The number of scholarships awarded is subject to adjustment, depending on a total number of international students as well as funds available for the current academic year.
- NCHU Scholarships are divided into two categories: monthly stipend and tuition waiver.
- Monthly stipend: Offered NT$10,000, NT$8,000 or NT$6,000 per month per applicant.
- Tuition waiver: partial tuition waiver (the same amount as domestic students) or full tuition waiver. Insurance, accommodation, computer usage fee, and miscellaneous fee are not included in the tuition waiver.
- The applicants are able to be awarded both the monthly stipend and the tuition waiver.
- New students: All degree-seeking applicants applied through admission application for international students. Please get ready the following documents:
- Online Application Form. (obtained after you finish the registration online)
- A photocopy of a diploma from the highest educational institution completed (translated into Chinese or English). The diploma shall be certified by the Taiwan Embassy or Taiwan representative office in/near your country.
- Official transcript of academic records (translated into Chinese or English) with grade point average (preferable on GPA 0-4 scale) from each institution attended (high school for those seeking undergraduate admission; university/college for those applying MS or PhD programs).
- The completed transcript is required to be certified by Taiwan Embassy or Taiwan representative office in/near your country. If your transcript is obtained from schools in Taiwan, it is not necessary to be certified by Taiwan Embassy.
- To apply for PhD program, please submit your master thesis or prove that the master thesis is not required for your degree. If your master thesis is written in foreign languages other than English, please submit the abstract in English or Chinese.
- Two letters of recommendation should be submitted online. The notification letter will be sent to referees automatically after applicants complete the application.
- A one-page study plan, written in Chinese or English. (The required language(s) will be based on the requirements of your proposed department/institution.)
- One-page autobiography within 300~500 words or curriculum vitae, written in Chinese or English. (The required language(s) will be based on the requirements of your proposed department/institution.)
- Proof of financial sufficiency such as a bank statement indicating sufficient funds for staying in Taiwan issued by your financial institution(s). The issuing date should be after January 1, 2018.
- Copy of the personal information on your passport.
- The minimum language requirements
- Apart from minimum language requirements, some colleges/departments/programs may have specific criteria for language ability or ask for additional application forms or other documents.
- Register, fill in the online application form and upload all of required documentation onto the system.
- Please get access to the webpage via Google Chrome.)
- 1: Please register an account via the online application system.
2: Receive the verified e-mail to activate your account. Please notice that sometime the verified e-mail may be in your e-mail trash box or SPAM box.
3: Please log-in to your account and follow step-by-step instructions to complete the online application form.
4: Please make sure all the data and documents you provided is correct. You cannot make any change once you click the confirm button @ Step 11. Meanwhile, an invitation email for the letter of recommendation will be sent to your referees automatically.
5: An automated confirmation message will be sent to your mailbox by the system. And you may log-in to your account to check the latest application status shown in the system, such as whether we have received the letters of recommendation yet.
6: Patiently wait for the processing of the evaluation.
- The result will be announced at the beginning of June.
Applications Deadline: March 31, 2019.