10 Academy invites applications from African undergraduate students and recent graduates for an internship programme to hold in Ghana in 2019. 10 Academy identifies Africa’s highest potential young people and prepares them for careers with 10x impact. The programme aims to create a pipeline to identify, train and launch the careers of brilliant young people from Africa with the vision that their work will have 10x the impact of the average person. 10 Academy is a programme of Infinite Potentials Consulting in partnership with Ashesi University and has been endorsed by UNESCO.
Their application platform is designed for talented young Africans – showcasing potential instead of past achievements and allowing upskilling towards getting data science jobs.The courses taught by leading lecturers in the field – focus on enabling you to self-teach for long-term impact.
- They charge no tuition or fees at any stage in the process – If you are selected as a 10 Academy Fellow, your accommodation and meals are covered and you only cover your transportation to the location. If you’re flying in, they’ll even collect you from the airport.
- Applicants selected as 10 Academy Fellows undertake a one-month residential course, with small class sizes of approximately 30 Fellows at a time. This enables Fellows to develop close relationships with their peers, their instructors and to work in small learning groups.
- Content is focused on providing knowledge, skills, networks and cultural change to make Fellows into change-makers.
- Their selection process is simple. They are looking for the highest potential young Africans, which to us means a combination of the following characteristics:
- Work Ethic
- Creativity and Bias to action
- They evaluate this using your responses to their application questions AND by seeing how quickly you are able to grow your skills on the Platform.
- For the next course, you should be:
- Holding a passport from an African country
- Holding (or anticipate holding) a university degree with a completion date in 2018 or 2019.
- While all nationalities are welcome to apply, only nationals of Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda will be considered as Fellows this time. Other countries will be added as soon as possible and once internships can be found in those countries.
- The first step is a brief application for admission to their full platform – this should take no more than 5 minutes.
- Focus area: The focus area for 2019 training sessions will be Data Science.
- The first step of the application process should take 5 minutes to complete and the second step should take 90-120 minutes to complete.
Applications Deadline: July 2019.