The Inter-university Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) offers fully funded PhD positions for a variety of projects. The PhD students will be appointed for a four-year period, with a formal evaluation at the end of the first year. In this period the graduates will work on their individual project, leading to a doctoral dissertation. The program (fully taught in English) will start September 2nd, 2019.
PhD students receive close guidance and assistance from their project supervisors and other ICS faculty while working on their PhD theses. Supervision of the research projects usually takes place in a team of two or three faculty members. In the composition of the supervising team the presence of theoretical, empirical and methodical expertise is of high importance. The PhD students meet frequently with their supervisors.
The Inter-university Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology is an internationally renowned Research Center and Graduate School in the field of Sociology, located in the Netherlands at the Universities of Groningen, Utrecht, Nijmegen, and Amsterdam (UVA).
- They offer, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, a salary of € 2.325 gross per month in the first year up to € 2.972 gross per month in the fourth year based on a full-time position.
- Tuition fees do not apply.
- Excellent candidates who graduated or will graduate shortly in Sociology are invited to apply.
- Graduates in Psychology, Educational Sciences, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
- Read the project descriptions and apply via the APPLY button.
- Please be informed that only applications submitted via the link on the ICS website will be accepted.
- Invitations for interviews will be sent by email after April 22nd, 2019.
Applications Deadline: April 7, 2019. Interviews will be conducted on May 6th and May 7th, 2019 in Utrecht. Please note that Skype interviews on 18 and 19 2019 could be part of the selection procedure.