De Montfort University in the UK invites applications for two new Global LGBTQ+Allies Scholarship offering for September 2019 study.
The Full Postgraduate Scholarships will be awarded to two outstanding students domiciled outside of the UK and European Union. The students are to demonstrate passion to advocating for LGBTQ+ rights and commit to helping DMU become a safer space for their LGBTQ+ population.
The students are to have excelled academically, completed an application statement and must have an offer of admission to any one of their eligible one-year full-time postgraduate taught programmes. Award of these scholarships are through an application and selection process.
- It will cover the total value of the course fee;
- The scholarships also include an additional £1015 (excluding any taxes) per month for the duration of the course, to assist with accommodation and living costs.
- An offer of admission from De Montfort University for a full time, post-graduate taught course starting September 2019.
- Successful completion of any English Language requirements tests. Domiciled outside the UK, European Union or Schengen Area.
- In order to be awarded the scholarship, you must be willing to fulfil some of the following duties whilst studying: Assist with the organisation of relevant DMUPride events and help DMU organise initiatives for national/international LGBTQ+ awareness days.
- Become an active member of the DMU LGBT Society.
- Act as a student champion for current and potential international students and
applicants who wish to discuss LGBTQ+ concerns.
- Continuing activism after successful completion of study.
To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form
Applications Deadline: July, 26th 2019.