The Governing Board of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme invites applications from candidates interested in being considered for the 2019/2020 class of Fellows.
- Fellows will receive salary and benefits equivalent to that of a Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which they work.
- Kashim Ibrahim Fellows cannot receive compensation from any other source during their year of government service.
- Additionally, accommodation will be provided throughout the course of the programme.
To be eligible as a 2019/2020 Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, applicants must show some level of public interest orientation
Selection Criteria Include the Following:
- Diversity: The programme will admit twenty-four (24) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational and economic environments; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of self-discipline, punctuality, dedication, respect, confidentiality and integrity as Fellows MUST embody the change they wish to see in the society.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national level.
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities and to full-time residence in Kaduna for the ENTIRE duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree programme from a recognised University and have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme.
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete.
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), an essay (word document of 1000 words maximum), and two letters of recommendation. The essay topic is “Managing Diversity and Fault Lines in Nigeria“.
- An important part of the application is the essay where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as they want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward.
- The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme.
Applications Deadline: March 20, 2019.