The Right Livelihood College (RLC), University of Bonn is inviting applications for its workshop Scholarship on Mobilization for Change for PhD students in Germany 2019. This is a global education and research initiative of universities and the Right Livelihood Award, also known as the ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’ The RLC Campus in Bonn is hosted by the Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
It provides transdisciplinary education and research in fields of social justice, poverty alleviation, and empowerment. The topic will be tackled in a transdisciplinary way, combining case studies from social, economic, and political/cultural sciences with best practice examples from civil society action and agency. The workshop will be implemented in cooperation with the Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum (GMF).
The scholarships will cover;
- All costs for international and national travel,
- Hotel accommodation,
- Catering, and
- Working materials.
- The workshop will be embedded in a variety of social and cultural side-events.
To be eligible you must be;
- PhD students from Latin America, Africa, and Asia who conduct topic-related research from disciplines such as political sciences, development studies, law, sociology, geography, or ethnology.
- Preferably in the middle/ end of their studies.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Women applications are particularly welcome.
Your application should consist of:
- Completed online application form.
- 300 word abstract (in English) of your PhD project and a CV
Applications Deadline: March 31, 2019.