The Warwick School of Engineering is inviting applications for its PhD Studentship in Microgrid or Machine Learning in the UK for the 2019/2020 academic session.
This PhD studentship is funded in support of a recently awarded EPSRC grant in Data-driven Intelligent Energy Management System for a Micro Grid. This project aims to develop an intelligent energy management system for a grid-connected microgrid (consisting of distributed renewable energy sources, energy storages and local loads), this will maximize energy usage efficiency and make renewable generation more cost-effective whilst minimizing environmental impact and provide ancillary services.
The project has eight project partners including National Grid UK. The PhD student is expected to collaborate with two postdocs working in this project as well as other researchers in the project supervisor’s team.
- The scholarship will pay an annual stipend at the standard rate (currently £14777, this will increase each year).
- It covers 100% tuition fees at the UK/EU rate for 3 years.
- International students are welcome to apply but need to meet the difference in costs (talking with Prof. Zhao for options).
Applicants should have (or expect to obtain by the start date) at least a good 2.1 degree (and preferably a Masters degree) or equivalent from an overseas institution.
- Email a full CV, academic transcripts, and cover letter, explaining your interest in pursuing a PhD in this area with ‘PhD Application’ in the subject line.
- If you are successful at the interview you will be required to submit a formal application for study and fulfil the entry requirements set by the University of Warwick.
- As soon as you have a University ID number you will be invited to upload your degree certificate, transcripts, and a personal statement that explains your specific research interests and why you should be considered for this award.
- To make a formal application you must complete the online application form and quote scholarship XZ02. Details of how to make a formal application can be found here www.warwick.ac.uk/reengineering
- The applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible because this post is on a rolling basis and the starting date is also flexible.
Applications Deadline: February 28, 2019.